What are Lash Extensions?
Lash Extensions use techniques to lengthen and thicken your own natural eyelashes. Lash Extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to each individual natural eyelash one by one for a beautiful and luscious look.
Are Lash Extensions Safe?
The application process is pain-free and relaxing that most clients fall asleep during the procedure. However, improper application by an unqualified eyelash technician can cause damage to your natural lashes. We recommend only using a Certified Lash Extension Specialist. Severe damaged can be caused to the eye and if bonding agents come with it. Care should be used when choosing the weight and length of your lash extensions. If the lash extensions applied are longer and heavier than your natural lashes can safely support, the extensions will cause breakage to your natural lashes. Also, if too much adhesive is used, the lash follicle can become blocked stunting the growth of your natural lashes. GLOW’s experienced esthetician is a certified lash extension specialist.
How do I prepare for a Lash Extension Service?
Appointments are timed. To make the most of your appointment we recommend that you arrive with your lashes clean and free of mascara, oil, and residual glues or adhesives from other lash enhancement products. The presence of these substances can adversely affect the ability for your new lash extensions to bond properly. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE LONGEVITY OF YOUR LASH EXTENSIONS IF THEY ARE NOT CLEAN WHEN YOU ARRIVE. We will strive to remove these substances from your lashes if you arrive with them but we may not have the full appointment time to maximize the number of lash extensions we can apply.
What is the difference between Classic Lash Extensions and Volume Lash Extensions?
With Classic Lash Extensions one lash extension is attached to each of your natural lashes (that is, the lashes that are healthy and strong enough to support the weight of the extension). With 3D Lash Extensions, 3 (or more) lash extensions are attached to each one of your natural lashes. The result is a fuller look. 3D Lashes are incredibly light weight creating a full yet “fluffy”, natural look.
How Do I Care for my new Eyelash Extensions?
• Do not wash eyes, swim, or shower for 12 – 24 hours after lash extension application, to allow time for bonding.
• Do not rub your eyes.
• Do not use a mechanical eyelash curler.
• Avoid oil-based makeup products, including mascara and eye-makeup remover. These will cause the glue bond to separate. Use only water-based mascara. Apply mascara from mid lash up to the tips, only.
• Use only water-based facial cleansers if possible.
• Use a q-tip when removing eye makeup
• Do not visit saunas or steam rooms frequently. Continued exposure to heat may cause the bond to loosen.
• Do not use water-resistant mascara
• The use of a lash sealer is recommended. A lash sealer adds moisture to your natural lashes, fortifies the bond of the adhesive, and contains vitamins A & E to support the growth of your natural lashes.
• After the 24 hour curing period you can swim, shower, and exercise while wearing Lash Extensions.
What if I no longer wish to wear my Lash Extensions?
If you no longer wish to wear lash extension the lash extension removal process is fast and painless. We will remove your lash extensions using a gel lash extension remover. The remover will be applied and allowed to sit for 3 minutes. After being saturated with the gel lash extension remover the extensions will slide off leaving your natural lashes healthy and in tact.